Monday 21 January 2013

Two Days

 

ONE DAY

 “Today is going to be a great day,” said the little boy
Whose mother unexpectedly opened her eyes
Today is going to be a great day, smiled the old man
As the pain in his hands stopped for a time
Today is going to be a great day, laughed the young mum
As she picked up the money from the street
Today is going to be a great day, thought the doctor
As he put the diamond ring back in his pocket
Ready for the big question
Today is going to be a great day, chuckled the large man
At the bus-stop, with the sun on his face
Who was just happy to be alive,
Today is going to be a great day.

 

 TODAY

Give me the strength to just get through today
To deal with this day’s concerns and nothing more
Give me the courage to see it through to the end
And don’t let me be blinded by my struggles
Let me see the goodness in people and in those who care
Give me the strength to deal with today’s fears
And let tomorrow take care of itself
Give me the heart to lend a helping hand to others
As I pull myself up.
Please just give me the strength to get through today
And nothing more.



Bobby Stevenson 2013

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Perfect Place To Be

Another new morning in Deal. I haven’t checked the telephone, and I sure as hell haven’t switched on the TV with all that news.   So I lie t...