Sunday 2 June 2013

The Best


Wrap up your soul from the north winds,
Turn your sweet head,
Facing the sun,
I know that those dark clouds will scare you,
But believe me,
The best is to come.

Let slip those stories they told you,
Remember that you are the one,
Don’t let their sadness get weary,
For I tell you,
The best is to come.

Smile even ‘though it was hard work,
Cleanse tired eyes with bright fun,
For these dark days
Will lift soon my darling
And I promise,
The best is to come.

Take strength in the ways of the old times,
When your laughter and hope can return,
Don’t stumble and fall,
Take my hand love,
For you know that the best
Is to come.



bobby stevenson 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Perfect Place To Be

Another new morning in Deal. I haven’t checked the telephone, and I sure as hell haven’t switched on the TV with all that news.   So I lie t...