Sunday 22 June 2014

Catching Falling Stars



I remember you,
All of you,
When one smile from your lips could light a path to Heaven,
When your dreams and hopes were brighter and more glorious
Than the sun.

Those summer days were the easiest of all,
And everything you touched,
Turned to gold in your hands.

All the universe was yours,
And your very eyes told a story,
About owning every last single thing you saw.

But now your hearts have rusted some,
Your sparkle is duller than once it was,
And your orbits have dropped a little lower
In the sky.

And so my friends, I spend the days,
Catching falling stars,
And remembering what you all once were.


bobby stevenson 2020






No comments:

Post a Comment

A Perfect Place To Be

Another new morning in Deal. I haven’t checked the telephone, and I sure as hell haven’t switched on the TV with all that news.   So I lie t...