Wednesday 13 May 2015

A Wet Finger in the Sugar

I know how long you waited for the days
When all the good things would come tumbling from the sky,
And on one warm mist covered morning they fell
Not as you imagined, but they were all the greater for being that.
I know how long you wished for all the kindnesses
To fall into your lap - 
Some landed in disguise but you grew to love them all the same.
You stuck your wet finger in that sugar
And had a taste of what happiness was
One taste was all that you were allowed and now you have to say goodbye
But remember this - there are some of us who never even got to dip.

bobby stevenson 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Perfect Place To Be

Another new morning in Deal. I haven’t checked the telephone, and I sure as hell haven’t switched on the TV with all that news.   So I lie t...