Tuesday 16 February 2016

A 100 word walk.





It was one of those bright yellow days; not quite Winter and not quite Spring as I lit my last cigarette (after all it was 1951 and smoking didn’t give you cancer back then). 

I noticed as I walked across the park how the rain tasted sweet, as if someone had seeded it with sugar.

In the distance, I could hear a dog howling, as the wind carried its cries off towards Columbus Circle – there it drowned among the squeals of the speeding taxi cabs.

“Read it!” You’d said.
So I sat, opened your manuscript, and began ‘On The Road’.

bobby stevenson 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Perfect Place To Be

Another new morning in Deal. I haven’t checked the telephone, and I sure as hell haven’t switched on the TV with all that news.   So I lie t...