Monday 9 January 2012

When it’s Time for You to Go by Bobby Stevenson


When it’s time for you to go,
Don’t turn and wave,
Instead,
Consider this,
If there should be a blessed place,
Beyond,
A land of half-forgotten ghosts,
Then I will follow you and
We shall meet once more,
But if this other Eden,
Should prove unformed,
Remember this,
One day, I too will rest amongst
The longest sleep,
And you,
Alone, no more.








Approval from the main man :-)




Twitter
Very touching x
Direct message sent by Stephen Fry (@stephenfry) to you (@BobbyStevenson) on Jan 09, 8:45 PM.
stephenfry
Stephen Fry

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers and many thanks for your kind comment. Both this and the Best of All Summers were very quick and easy to write. Probably been gestating in my head for several years, unnoticed.Thank you again.

      Delete

A Perfect Place To Be

Another new morning in Deal. I haven’t checked the telephone, and I sure as hell haven’t switched on the TV with all that news.   So I lie t...